The Canadian Open is BACK – it will be hosted in Toronto, ON Canada
April 2-3, 2016
805 Dovercourt Rd.
Toronto, ON M6H 2X4
We are playing on the second floor.
This is a brilliant venue steps away from Bloor St. West. A vibrant part of the local community supporting dance, theatre, gaming and other groups – there will be drinks (alcoholic & non) available for purchase and there are great options for food on Bloor St.
$40 – NAF Members, $45 – Non-NAF members (with $5 going towards NAF membership sign-up).
This gets you 5 games of blood bowl, and a set of Canadian Open d6’s which must be used during the tournament. NAF Members can save $5 if they have dice from previous years and don’t want another set.
5 games of Blood Bowl played over two days (3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday) Swiss-style match-ups after game 1.
Tournament is resurrection.
Tournament points are W/T/L – 3/1/0, with strength of schedule as primary tie-breaker.
We will be using the CRP rules along with the 3 additional NAF approved teams with the following exceptions:
A custom weather table will be used, weather will be rolled by top table and apply to all games.
Teams MUST be painted to 3 colour minimum. There will be penalties for unpainted figures or teams at TO discretion.
CANADIAN OPEN WEATHER TABLE
Being that this is the Canadian Open, we have adjusted the weather table in order to reflect our unique weather.
(2) Bitter Cold: It’s so cold that some players have got Frost Bite! Roll a D6 for each player on the pitch at the end of a drive. On a roll of 1 the player has been stricken with frost bite and may not be set up for the next kick-off.
(3) Very Sunny: Cold, but the blinding sunshine causes a -1 modifier on all passing rolls
(4) Icy Conditions: It’s exceptionally icy on the pitch causing extreme slippery conditions. To reflect this, all players that move more then 3 squares (including a blitz action) make a roll, on a roll of 1 the player moves an additional square in the same direction ignoring any tackle zones if the player so happens to pass through one. If a player moves into an occupied square then treat it as a push result on the block dice – Fend, Side Step & Stand Firm do [b]NOT[/b] work on this push effect. During a blitz, this can happen twice – once before the block if the blitzing player moved more than 3 squares to end up adjacent to their target, and once after the block if the player continues moving and moves more than 3 squares (the follow up counts towards this total) but movement from before the block will not count towards slipping after continuing moving. In addition, the icy conditions may also result in a player sliding out of bounds or into the end zone for the winning TD! Standing up does not count towards this in any way. You may reroll the slip dice roll, both to attempt to succeed or to fail!
(5 – 10) Nice: Cold but otherwise decent Blood Bowl weather.
(11) Ice Rain: It’s raining, making the ball slippery and difficult to hold. A -1 modifier applies to all catch, intercept, or pick up rolls.
(12) Blizzard: It’s cold and snowing! The horrible conditions means that any player attempting to move an extra square (GFI) will slip and be knocked down on a roll of 1-2. In addition, only quick and short passes can be attempted.
Click this link to preregister
Preregistration will be open until March 21st, 2016 – no matter when you submit your registration/roster/payment, you may send an updated roster at any point up to this date.
* Any team who preregisters by March 21st will receive a free reroll to use ONCE during the tournament.
* In addition, any stunty team who preregisters by March 21st will receive a free bribe to use ONCE during the tournament.
You must be on time to start all your games, and timers may be required should the tournament organizer deem it so. Our booked hours at the venue are 9-6 both days.
Registration: 9:00am – 9:30am
Game 1: 9:45am – 11:45pm
Lunch: 11:45pm – 12:45pm
Game 2: 12:45pm – 2:45pm
Break: 2:45pm – 3:15pm
Game 3: 3:15pm – 5:15pm
Best Team Voting: 9:30am – 10:00am coaches who wish to have their teams eligible for voting must have them setup by 9:30
Game 4: 10:00am – 12:00pm
Lunch: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Game 5: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Awards: 3:30pm – 4:30pm
Coaches will have 1,000,000 gold crowns with which to build a “rookie” team. Each coach must purchase a minimum of 11 players. You may also purchase re-rolls, fan factor and apothecaries. No skills or stat increases of any kind may be purchased. Apothecaries work as described in CRP/LRB6.0 rules and may not be used on Star Players.
READ AGAIN: You may NOT purchase assistant coaches or cheerleaders.
If you have a coach model painted +1 assistant coach
If you have a cheerleader model painted +1 cheerleader (doesn’t need to be female/pom poms) @ TO discretion.
A “mascot” can replace one or other @ TO discretion.
Max of 1 each, except stunties can have 2 each.
READ AGAIN: The ONLY way to get an assistant coach or cheerleader is to have a PAINTED model to represent it and it does not cost any gold.
Norse teams get 1 Fan Factor at no cost as this is their turf.
No inducements may be purchased unless you are the coach of a “Stunty” team. Stunty teams include; Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Underworld (without Skaven), and Lizardmen (without Saurus) teams. Stunty teams may purchase 0-1 Star Players, but must purchase 11 players before they can purchase any Star Player. Goblin teams may purchase bribes and Halfling teams may purchase a Halfling Master Chef, all as per standard CRP/LRB6.0 rules.
A player may receive a max of 2 upgrades during the team build. Any player is eligible for random bonus skills.
Every team will get an extra allotment of TV to spend towards skills and stat upgrades before game 1 based on tier.
A max of 1 of each stat upgrade and 2 of each skill may be selected during this phase.
Tier 1 (70k) includes; Amazons, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, Norse, Orcs, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves.
Tier 2 (100k) includes; Chaos, Chaos Pact, High Elves, Humans, Khemri, Necromantic, Nurgle, Pro Elves.
Tier 3 (130k) includes; Slann, Underworld, Vampires
Tier 4 (170k) includes; Goblins, Halflings, Ogres
When you submit your roster, you must pick 3 skills from the below list and assign them to 3 separate players – also number them #1, #2, #3. You do not start with these skills they will get added after each of games 1, 2, 3.
After game 1, TO will randomly roll a d3 to pick the first skill, After game 2, TO will randomly roll d2 to pick, after game 3, the final skill will be available.
The following awards are available to be won. A maximum of one performance award can be won by any coach.
1st Place: Awarded to the coach with the most tournament points.
2nd Place: Awarded to the coach with the second most tournament points.
3rd Place: Awarded to the coach with the third most tournament points.
Stunty Champion: Awarded to the coach with the most tournament points playing a stunty team.
Most Touchdowns: Awarded to the coach who scored the most touchdowns.
Most Casualties: Awarded to the coach who accumulated the most casualties from blocking.
Wooden Spoon: Awarded to the coach with the lowest number of tournament points.
Best Team: Awarded to the coach whose team earned the most votes (T.O. will be tie breaking vote if required)
Canuck Attitude: Awarded to the coach with the highest amount of sportsmanship points. (T.O. will be tie breaking vote if required)